how to typeset in Texshop

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by abhishekit, Nov 14, 2003.

1. abhishekit macrumors 65816

abhishekit

Hi
    I use latex on a linux machine, and use emacs for viewing it.
    revently i got an ibook. i installed texshop, and tetex. now when i am writing something in the texshop window, and then trying to typeset it by pressing the button, it showz me a blank console, and effectively does nothng...any one who uses texshop, what should i do??
    it saves the files as .tex...but i cant preview it or anything

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Re: how to typeset in Texshop

iTeXMac is also a front end to teTeX. It does a beautiful job of typesetting and is quite straight forward. It is available here.

3. Sukiyaki macrumors newbie

TeXShop is just the front end for writing LaTeX. To typeset your text, you need an installation of tex. This isn't a default (yet) with OS X. The good news is that it's easy to get an installation of tex for OS X. In fact, there's an active community of people working on improving this all the time: TeXShop is part of that.

You can find out how to get an installation of tex at

http://www.uoregon.edu/~koch/texshop/texshop.html

Complete installation instructions for both TeXShop and, more importantly for you, tex (a tetex installation, though that may not and need not mean much to you now) are there.

Hope this helps

4. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

I think that when you reread abhishekit's original post, you will find that he did indeed install tetex.

5. abhishekit thread starter macrumors 65816

abhishekit

thanks for the help... i still did not know teh problem but i threw all the stuff away and reinstalled it..it works now....

cheers

abhi