How to undelete MAIL account (and emails) on 10.2.3

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by overlandr, Mar 2, 2007.

1. overlandr macrumors newbie

Mar 2, 2007
    My Mac Noob problem: Using 10.2.3 and running mail 1.2.3 (v551) with several accounts set up for different email addresses, I was tidying up these and under preferences, I removed/deleted the account from the account list on the preferences window. This action removed the account but then I found out (horror of horrors) that all the associated emails have disappeared as well as the mailbox tab showed!! Question, how might I restore or undelete the account and all emails? I cannot believe that any software designer would allow for deleting these emails so easily without some type of backup or undeleting process to allow full restoration.

Thanks in anticipation of your help.
  2. overlandr thread starter macrumors newbie

Mar 2, 2007
    Sorry am I in the wrong forum - if someone knows a more appropriate forum then pls let me know. Perhaps this is a really dumb question - but I need to get those emails back so would appreciate any input. Cheers

PS I hate being a Noob!!
  3. Catarina macrumors newbie

Apr 22, 2011
    Removed E-Mails on Mac

Hi, I am in the same boat. Am a PC girl that removed husbands Mac PPO account after speaking to a Mac Rep. They did not warn me that all the mail would be remove by deleting account. :eek:

All Apple smarties, please, now you have a chance to prove to me that Mac is a better product than PC. There must be a way to easily restore the deleted PPO E-Mails.