How to Uninstall Firefox

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jamin., May 19, 2008.

1. macrumors regular

How do I uninstall Firefox, the actual application and all the stupid lil files that usually get left behind, cache, history, cookies...

I want to go fresh to Safari!

is there an app. that does this?

2. macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

3. macrumors 6502a

pacmania1982

4. macrumors 68040

Try appcleaner, it will do more than just dragging to the trash, it will search for preference files as well.

Its a free version of appzapper.

5. macrumors regular

Wheelie4

Below are all files/folders associated with Firefox. Be aware that deleting these files/folders removes all profiles, preference settings and extensions.

/Applications/Firefox.app (the application)
    /Users/<username>/Library/Preferences/org.mozilla.firefox.plist (the preferences)
    /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Firefox (your profiles folder)
    /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Mozilla (extensions info)

I bought and have used Appzapper when I first switched to Mac. I've used AppCleaner and AppDelete. I have Hazel which monitors the trash for deleted apps and warns of associated files to delete with the app and sometimes they find everything but neither of them find everything everytime. I found an app called Easyfind that I prefer to use to find apps and their associated files/folder to remove. Even better than Leopards spotlight search window. I really miss Tigers spotlight search window, it even searched library and system folders automatically.

6. macrumors Core

alphaod