How to uninstall Little Snitch completely

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by hdean, Mar 11, 2010.

1. macrumors member

I have recently installed little snitch, later i prefer to uninstall that, because, whenever i open any application, immediately one notification window opens and asking about some TPC connection. please see the photo. kindly me know, how to make to uninstall little snitch

Attached Files:

2. macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You might try something like AppCleaner to remove all components of any application.

3. macrumors regular

4. macrumors Core

miles01110

I would not use AppCleaner or AppZapper to uninstall Little Snitch, as it comes with its own uninstaller.

5. macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

From the OP's original post, it sounds like he already uninstalled it, but had something left behind.

6. macrumors Core

miles01110

I didn't get that impression, but it's a little ambiguous. If the OP already tried to uninstall it using AppCleaner/AppZapper, I'd recommend reinstalling it and then running the uninstaller.

7. macrumors 6502

emiljan

I suggest you try to reinstall the app if you already removed and use the uninstaller that came with littlesnitch.

Also down the road i suggest you invest in CleanApp when you need to uninstall something completely. CleanApp has a logging feature that logs any app you install, so come time you want to remove it, it deletes your app and all of the associated files.

8. macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You're right, it is a bit ambiguous. I also agree that if an app comes with an uninstaller, that's preferred over using AppCleaner/AppZapper in most cases. However, some uninstallers intentionally leave some things behind, such as .plist files, in case you decide to reinstall the app at a later time. If you want to be sure it's all gone, something like AppCleaner can help.

9. macrumors Core

miles01110

...this is the entire point of this thread, I think. "All-in-one" uninstallers often fall short with more complex apps. Always use the application's own uninstaller if it has one.

True.