How to Uninstall PART of iLife?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by agentphish, Jun 13, 2005.

1. agentphish macrumors 65816

agentphish

So I was installing iLife earlier today, and i really have no need for idvd or garageband at this time. Yet i accidentally selected to install the entire suite. I tried to run the installer again to see if i could get an uninstallation option, but i didnt see it. Is there a way to uninstall just part of iLife easily? If i just trash iDVD app i'd think it will leave other stuff around my HDD wont it?

newish to mac sorry if i sound like a fool.

Thanks

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Dragging iDVD to the trash should be fine. There are preference files and a couple of pdfs that you could Spotlight if you wanted to (assuming you're on Tiger) but they take up hardly any space.

Garageband is a little messier. You'll need to drag the app to the trash plus some loops etc. Just run a quick search for Garageband and trash it all. Easy as! :)

3. jackieonasses macrumors 6502a

jackieonasses

If you will never use iDvd... just trash it. It will save you a ton of space.

By dragging and dropping... the beauty of Macs allows the whole folder contents to be in that one app icon. (if you have spotlight you can double check)

kyle

edit___ whoops! i posted way to slow... and i said the EXACT SAME THING!

my bad

4. agentphish thread starter macrumors 65816

agentphish

Thanks guys. I trashed idvd, and yes i am on tiger, it was only like 1.2gb though. On to garageband, which i feel could be alot bigger.

Thanks

5. agentphish thread starter macrumors 65816

agentphish

Thanks guys. I trashed idvd, and yes i am on tiger, it was only like 1.2gb though. On to garageband, which i feel could be alot bigger.

Thanks

6. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says...the Garageband loops etc are in /library/application support/ ....just delete the whole Garageband folder out of there along with what's in the applications folder.....oh yeah!

7. agentphish thread starter macrumors 65816

agentphish

8. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

Just curious. How much space did you free up?

9. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Patmian212

I have 30GB hard drive in my ibook, I uninstalled all the apps I dont need but are there other things I can erase apart from apps to save space? Maybe Languages and etc, if so how?

10. Linkjeniero macrumors 6502

http://monolingual.sourceforge.net/

11. yippy macrumors 68020

yippy

Printer drivers! I know that the default OS install puts something like 300Mb of just Epson printer drivers. Find them in /Library/Printers, delete all the printers you don't use, you can always put drivers on for new printers as you need them.