How to uninstall Photoshop Elements 3

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by YS2003, Sep 3, 2005.

1. YS2003 macrumors 68020

Dec 24, 2004
    Finally I have arrived.....
    I would like to uninstall Photoshop Elements 3 as I have CS2 now. I checked Adobe web site; but their site does not say if I can just drag the folder icon for Photoshop Elements to the trash can or not. Do I need to go through the proper uninstallation step for this? Or, can I just drag it to the trash can?
  2. DeSnousa macrumors 68000

Jan 20, 2005
    Brisbane, Australia
    The great thing about macs are just drag them to the trash and if you want to get rid of the preferences and all that other stuff do i search in spotlight and delete appropriately.

Also if you installed photoshop through an installation process, if you run that again it should delete it, but its not necessary.
  3. dtrimble macrumors member

Jan 7, 2008
    San Francisco, CA, USA

That is not correct, although it is for most applications. In the case of Photoshop Elements, the documentation readme file states quite explicitly that the installer must do the work of uninstalling the app and you can NOT just drag Elements to the trash. That would work, but there would be a very large number of other files, applications, control panel applets, yada yada left behind -- a lot more than just preferences.

If, like me five minutes ago when I wanted to uninstall Elements, you realize you no longer have the installer, you should be able to get it again by downloading the original trial app from (unless you have a CD or purchased retail.)

4. Kalaam macrumors newbie

Apr 28, 2009
    Unsuccessful at uninstalling

I have the CD which i initially used to install APE 3.0. But now due to some error in start up i wanted to uninstall and i end up Re-installing the application as there's no 'Uninstall' Option appearing any where in the Installation dialog. it's as if i'm installing it for the first time. Neither does it prompt me to replace/overwrite the existing application. I checked up thoroughly in the pkg file, no uninstaller file is seen.
    As you can see in the bottom screenshot that the installer still installs the application even though the APE 3.0 is already installed (seen in the application folder).

I really need to Uninstall it, any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Attached Files: