How to Unlock ATT iPhone 4 for use with Tmobile SIM card?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by vinum0908, Aug 22, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

I have an iPhone 4 with ATT that I want to unlock to use with TMobile. The phone is running 4.3.5 and isn't jailbroken. How do I go about doing this? I tried searching, but all the results I saw seemed to involve a gevey sim, which I don't have.

I just want to use a regular TMobile microsim (on EDGE of course) with Tmobile. Any tips?

2. macrumors Nehalem

Applejuiced

Only available option is the gevey turbo sim.

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Why does T-Mobile sell microsim cards if they don't work though?

4. macrumors 68020

macingman

You going to have to buy a gevey sim. And don't update software whatever you do.

----------

They don't (I think), I think you need to cut the mini-sim down to microsim size, which is a very easy process (done it multiple times).

I could be wrong someone correct me if I am please.

5. macrumors Nehalem

Applejuiced

They work on unlocked iphone 4's.
    If the one you have is locked to AT&T then it wont accept any other carriers sim.

6. macrumors 68000

gngan

Because there are factory unlock iphones out there? lol

7. macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

There are also many people who are smart / patient enough to learn how to update their iphone 4 correctly so that it remains unlocked (not factory unlocked).

Just because you 4.3.5 doesn't mean you can't unlock the baseband. You haven't told us the most important part: what modem firmware version do you have?

8. macrumors 68000

gngan

Yeah. You are right. It seems to me that he doesn't know there's factory unlock iphone. It's like T-mobile is selling micro sim card and should be able to use it with locked iphone. So does that means if a convenient store sells condom then you can have sex in there?

By the way, he has an iphone 4 with 4.3.5 and it isn't JB. I don't think he knew how to preserve the BB. Gevey is the only option.

9. macrumors 601

fireshot91

IF your iPhone isn't able to be software unlocked, you have to get teh GeveySIM.

That isn't a SIM card, but rather an adapter for a SIM card.

You use your T-Mobile microSIM card, put it in the GeveySIM, and then put that into the iPhone4.

Guys, I think the OP thought that they GeveySIM was another company's SIM card, and therefore would require porting the number to that SIM card and you wouldn't use T-Mobile's own SIM card.

10. macrumors newbie

i use to see iTiim SIM work for unlock iPhone 4 that is also work for original SIM trays .