Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

radhu

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2013
iPhone5

Hi, does anyone know any solution for unlocking iPhone 5 locked in Netherlands network?

captainlam

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2014
Didn't work with AT&T iphone 5

Swiftunlocks.com.

$2.

I've used them for several iPhones.

I just tried to register with Swiftunlocks.com and it said please read the e-mail and follow the steps... But I didn't receive any e-mail from Swiftunlock.com.
I kept searching that site to find a way to unlock my AT&T iphone 5, found the site and it costs $115 and takes 8-10 days to deliver the code. Kind of dangerous and expansive.:mad:

ayasinsk

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2008
Swift unlocks doesn't do US att iPhones anymore. I'm trying to find one of those $100 services for unlock but want to hear from people that used one. Don't want to get screwed over. No one is replying to this thread with any real information :(

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
Wow, love reading how much the unlocks from ATT cost. I have both ATT and Verizon. I had upgrades from both.

Glad I chose to use my Verizon upgrade to get the iphone 5S.

This makes my Verizon iPhone 5S much more valuable at resell this since ATT has crack down on cheap unlocking services. Since the Verizon iphone 5S is the only USA "true unlocked GSM/LTE" phone.

macrumors 6502
Jan 2, 2014
Earth
Wow, love reading how much the unlocks from ATT cost. I have both ATT and Verizon. I had upgrades from both.

Glad I chose to use my Verizon upgrade to get the iphone 5S.

This makes my Verizon iPhone 5S much more valuable at resell this since ATT has crack down on cheap unlocking services. Since the Verizon iphone 5S is the only USA "true unlocked GSM/LTE" phone.

Yes Verizon iPhone 5S/5S give owners true value for their money as they give flexibility of hopping carriers:

CDMA + GSM + LTE

CDMA = Verizon 3G + LTE / Straight Talk + Net10 Access to Verizon 3G
GSM + LTE = AT&T / T-Mobile / Straight Talk + Net10 and many more networks around he globe!

Not only does it give owner flexibility but also the secondary buyer!

2macarena

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2011
Yes Verizon iPhone 5S/5S give owners true value for their money as they give flexibility of hopping carriers:

CDMA + GSM + LTE

CDMA = Verizon 3G + LTE / Straight Talk + Net10 Access to Verizon 3G
GSM + LTE = AT&T / T-Mobile / Straight Talk + Net10 and many more networks around he globe!

Not only does it give owner flexibility but also the secondary buyer!

Thumbs up to ;):apple:Verizon! :apple::)

Derek87

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2009
i posted a few weeks back on this, but worth repeating since i had another friend who was successful:

i just asked AT&T to do it online by entering my IMEI, etc. and low and behold, the approved it in a few days. my friend did the same.

for the record, for both of us, we are about 18 months in our iPhone 5 contracts. i believe both of us had our 64gb units replaced about 10 months in due to different warranty related issues (mine had a dying battery).

i don't know if this is a fluke, or they want to keep their longtime customers happy, but i didn't have to fight or even ask a person live. it just worked.

i'd say it's worth the 30 seconds of effort to submit the online request...

eddiec312

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2008
Miami, FL
i posted a few weeks back on this, but worth repeating since i had another friend who was successful:

i just asked AT&T to do it online by entering my IMEI, etc. and low and behold, the approved it in a few days. my friend did the same.

for the record, for both of us, we are about 18 months in our iPhone 5 contracts. i believe both of us had our 64gb units replaced about 10 months in due to different warranty related issues (mine had a dying battery).

i don't know if this is a fluke, or they want to keep their longtime customers happy, but i didn't have to fight or even ask a person live. it just worked.

i'd say it's worth the 30 seconds of effort to submit the online request...

That's weird. I've been with att since iphone 3g and when I try to unlock my ip5 they tell me they can't do it because I'm still under contract. I bought my ip5 on launch day and still have the same phone now.

Derek87

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2009
That's weird. I've been with att since iphone 3g and when I try to unlock my ip5 they tell me they can't do it because I'm still under contract. I bought my ip5 on launch day and still have the same phone now.

no harm and asking via the method i tried. it really is a pretty short online form. here's the link i i used (if i recall correctly):

https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/termsAndCondition

i just typed in the info requested and i got no errors about the IMEI provided. 3 working days later, i got an email telling my request was approved and to wait 24 hours before trying to complete the unlock by restoring in iTunes. (supposedly, they need some time to tell apple that the phone should be unlocked)

and it worked. and i confirmed it by using a nano-sim during my recent trip to Italy. (that was the whole motivation for me giving it a try)

and again, i told my friend, and it worked for her, too. the only thing i can say we have in common is that we both got refurb iPhones and weren't using our originally purchased iPhone 5's from launch day. i can't think that is the reason it worked for us, but i wanted to note that caveat just in case it matters. try it out and let us know if it works for you.

Last edited:

eddiec312

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2008
Miami, FL
no harm and asking via the method i tried. it really is a pretty short online form. here's the link i i used (if i recall correctly):

i just typed in the info requested and i got no errors about the IMEI provided. 3 working days later, i got an email telling my request was approved and to wait 24 hours before trying to complete the unlock by restoring in iTunes. (supposedly, they need some time to tell apple that the phone should be unlocked)

and it worked. and i confirmed it by using a nano-sim during my recent trip to Italy. (that was the whole motivation for me giving it a try)

and again, i told my friend, and it worked for her, too. the only thing i can say we have in common is that we both got refurb iPhones and weren't using our originally purchased iPhone 5's from launch day. i can't think that is the reason it worked for us, but i wanted to note that caveat just in case it matters. try it out and let us know if it works for you.

Yeah, that's where I went. I submitted my request via that site for my unlock. I get an email immediately saying they can't do it because I'm still under contract and haven't completed it.

Derek87

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2009
Yeah, that's where I went. I submitted my request via that site for my unlock. I get an email immediately saying they can't do it because I'm still under contract and haven't completed it.

Bummer. Sorry it didn't work of you.

ifanme

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2014
macforums
Well, i tried swift & cobalt. Both didn't work for me.

First try at&t customer support and try requesting unlock. Most of the time it helps if you have good old standing.

If neither helps try contact this provider. Even he can do under contract phones. (Worldwide provider)

Hope it helps :)

macrumors 6502
Jan 2, 2014
Earth
its jus funny to see the newbie's doing self advertisements and referring to them selves from 3rd person point of view

2macarena

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2011

You probably need to call and keep calling (1-800-225-5288). Tell them you are going abroad for school, job training or even funeral. Ask to talk to the supervisor. Keep bugging them. I guess that's the only way if you want to unlock it for free. Otherwise all third party unlocks for At&t are now charging an arm and a leg.

nicholasss

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2012
Usa
There are 24 hour services at different pricing depending on your model and status of your IMEI. Just keeping looking, they're out there.

nicholasss

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2012
Usa
Does anyone know if this is legit?

I doubt it. Put the word "free" on anything and a majority of people will fill it out.
Read this, "give us market research to pass on to our clients." Anyone who fills out that form will most likely get full of spam in their email. None of them containing the confirmation of your unlock.

macrumors 6502
Jan 2, 2014
Earth
I doubt it. Put the word "free" on anything and a majority of people will fill it out.
Read this, "give us market research to pass on to our clients." Anyone who fills out that form will most likely get full of spam in their email. None of them containing the confirmation of your unlock.

We'll said because lets face it...nothing is life is free, everything has a cost to it one way or another...for all your know your IMEI is even at risk with all these companies offering "Change your IMEI" services for samsung phones!

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY

I went to this site yesterday and surprise, surprise...they said yes to unlocking my 5S. Restored phone and viewed the 'congratulations your phone is unlocked' message.

I didn't really need to unlock, but with the iPhone 6 coming, it may be worth it.

Derek87

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2009
I went to this site yesterday and surprise, surprise...they said yes to unlocking my 5S. Restored phone and viewed the 'congratulations your phone is unlocked' message.

I didn't really need to unlock, but with the iPhone 6 coming, it may be worth it.

awesome!

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
Damn they denied me. My contract ends this October 2014. Any unlocking companies that are able to unlock current iPhone 5s?

Derek87

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2009
this all seems so random...

i can't figure out any other common thread, but here's my latest hypothesis.

i am one a premiere account. how about the rest of the people who got their claim accepted?

my plan isn't anything pricey...just a grandfathered in 450min/200text/2gb data plan with FAN discount. but i have been a loyal customer for many years even before having an iPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.