Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lilkoolaidman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 16, 2009
Hell, Colorado
I just jailbroke my iPod, but in order to do that, I had to downgrade to 3.1.2. Now that it is jailbroken, can I just update via iTunes, or do I have to do something else?

It's a 1st generation, non-MC model. I used blackra1n to jailbreak it, and I'm using Cydia.

Thanks in advance.

CristobalHuet

macrumors 65816
Jan 18, 2008
Montreal
I don't think the current 3.1.3 has been jailbroken yet. Though I could be wrong.

:)

I usually update by saving the data from my iPod via iTunes and restoring, oh and by copying my Themes/Downloads, etc folders using DiskAid. I just copy them back, restore from backup on iTunes and rejailbreak (after updating from iTunes). Although, with blackra1n, maybe this isn't necessary anymore. I used to use Pwnage Tool. The good old days...:D

Jenkins12

macrumors member
Mar 19, 2010
Yes unfortunately when you update a jailbroken iPod Touch, you lose all the jailbroken features and must re-jailbreak.

lilkoolaidman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 16, 2009
Hell, Colorado
I don't think the current 3.1.3 has been jailbroken yet. Though I could be wrong.

:)

I usually update by saving the data from my iPod via iTunes and restoring, oh and by copying my Themes/Downloads, etc folders using DiskAid. I just copy them back, restore from backup on iTunes and rejailbreak (after updating from iTunes). Although, with blackra1n, maybe this isn't necessary anymore. I used to use Pwnage Tool. The good old days...:D

No, 3.1.3 hasn't been jailbroken, considering blackra1n wouldn't work with that version. But when that version is jailbroken, I just copy my themes/downloads using DiskAid, update my iPod, Re-Jailbreak it, then put everything back on. *sigh* The things you do for features :rolleyes:

metalhead777

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2010
California
I just jailbroke my iPod, but in order to do that, I had to downgrade to 3.1.2. Now that it is jailbroken, can I just update via iTunes, or do I have to do something else?

It's a 1st generation, non-MC model. I used blackra1n to jailbreak it, and I'm using Cydia.

Thanks in advance.

Download 3.1.3 firmware from Cydia. It tricks iTunes into thinking your iPod is on 3.1.3 when it's on 3.1.2. Wish I had known that sooner... :( :apple:

mugsysam

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2010
help getting firmware 3.1.2 or 3.1.3

hi all i have and older 1st gen ipod touch it has a firmware of 2.2.1 can any help me with new firmware or do i even need new firmware to jailbreak my ipod

thanks
mugsysam

mugsysam

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2010
thank you it worked fine i'm now running jailbreak . i have one more question this ipod the batt s*cks do you know anywhere i can send it to be replaced and if so should i send it out as is or should i restore it back to factory . thanks again for your help with the firmware upgrade

mugsysam:)

metalhead777

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2010
California
thank you it worked fine i'm now running jailbreak . i have one more question this ipod the batt s*cks do you know anywhere i can send it to be replaced and if so should i send it out as is or should i restore it back to factory . thanks again for your help with the firmware upgrade

mugsysam:)

Don't send it back. Where do you live at? The recommended temperature is between 32 and 94 fahrenheit. Anyway, Battery Doctor Pro has done wonders for my iPod Touch's battery... but my iPod Touch is a 3rd generation. Not sure if it would lengthen the battery anymore than it is. Try it out though. :D :apple:

mugsysam

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2010
I live in Boston and it is cold hear but it has bin 30 & 40 it hasn't bin that cold .I will try the batt doc I will let you know how I make out thanks for your help
mugsysam

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.