How to use Airport Base Station to extend wireless???

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Aniej, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Aniej macrumors 68000

Aniej

I am trying to find out how to extend the wireless signal of my wireless router by adding a second, apple base station, in another part of my condo where the signal begins to get weak. I have a comcast router that doubles as a wireless router as well. I am trying to figure out how to configure the base station to relay the comcast router. Please post as detailed an answer as you think is necessary. Thanks

2. nazmac21 macrumors 6502a

nazmac21

Do you have wireless N? If you don't, I suggest you update to it since I heard people say it increases the range of the wireless signal.

3. mattscott306 macrumors 68040

mattscott306

You don't need N to extend the range. Page 23 of This guide has everything you need to know.

4. Aniej thread starter macrumors 68000

Aniej

Mattscott, thanks that was helpful. I am going to check it out and see if it works.

nazmac21, that was not helpful at all. I explicitly asked for something specific related to a task I was trying to do and you posted for the sake of increasing your post count. I know N is available and so does just about everyone else who would be on this forum.