How to view hidden files on my iPod Touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by smallnshort247, Feb 28, 2011.

1. macrumors 6502a

smallnshort247

Hi Guys,

I tried doing as much research before hand before having to post here, but I just couldn't figure it out. So my friends Mac's hard drive crashed and she didn't back up anything so she lost all her music. I told her that technically she could still pull her music off of her iPhone 4. I was able to do it once but it was with a Windows based computer and a different iPod maybe 3-4 years ago. I know iTunes has changed a lot then too.

So what I'm asking is how do you access the iPod's hidden files to reach the music folders? On my Mac, I can't seem to even find where the iPod is if I'm not in iTunes. I know you're suppose to enable the iPod as an external hard drive, but in the latest iTunes (iTunes 10) I don't even see the option for that.

My last question is if the iPod or iPhone is formatted to a Mac machine, is it still possible to be able to access the hidden files on a windows based computer? (Windows 7 or Vista)

I found some people talking about certain apps I could download that would do it, but those apps usually can't locate my iPod Touch. Thanks for the help!

2. macrumors 6502

Unfortunately the iPod touch cannot be used as an external hard drive since it has no open file-system. You could try an app like senuti, but I do not know if that works on iPod touches