How to wear Timbuk2 Commute

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by crazydreaming, Aug 28, 2005.

1. crazydreaming macrumors 6502a

crazydreaming

What is the proper way to use the secondary strap that comes with the Timbuk2 Commute. On the Timbuk2 Website, there is a flash picture showing how to wear it, but the strap is different than what came with mine. I can't figure it out.

A little wierd I know, but it's on my mind.

2. jamano macrumors newbie

Not weird at all.

I have the same problem and I also would like to know the answer. The Timbuk2 website is not of any help. Isn't there anyone who would like to answer us?

3. mustard macrumors 6502a

mustard

I don't know how to describe how to wear it but I will try (as if you were carrying the bag on your right side).

You would take the main strap and place it over your head so that the strap crosses your body (th strap would be resting on your left shoulder and the bag would be along your right hip). The secondary strap would then wrap from the center of the strap crossing your front and attatch to the side of the bag that is closest to your bum:p

It is a bad explanation but who knows - the main objective of the strap is to act as a stabalizer when bike riding by centering the pack above your bum and tight to the body to prevent swaying.

Located like the bag in the picture (it doesn't appear to have the strap tho)
    [​IMG]