How to win 100% on Pepsi iTunes Bottles

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Macmaniac, Feb 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

As posted by Spymac:
    After the Super Bowl, Mac fans everywhere went to their local convenience stores to look for the iTunes labeled Pepsi bottles. If your store was like mine, you probably went home empty handed. It takes a few weeks for new bottles to make it down the supply chain, but they are now finally at most stores. Read on to find out how to never get a bottle that doesn't win.
    Pepsi has stated they believe they will have to pay for about 1/3 of the 100 million songs it's giving away. That means 2/3 of the people that win don't care about iTunes. So I say, let's let them have the unlucky caps. They weren't going to cash them in anyway.

Your first task is to find a store that has the coveted sugar water. Just look for the yellow caps. Diet Pepsi, Pepsi and Sierra Mist all have them, and some [surely single] nerds claim select Mountain Dew bottles do as well.
    Once you've captured a bottle, use the below image as a guide to try and uncover its destiny.

The secret is the angle. I've found it to be 25 degrees, but that's really no use when you're out in the field. Just tilt it until it seems about that, and look up towards it (hold it above your head). With luck, you should be able to see under the cap. Here's what a loser looks like:

It's easiest to read "again" and tag the losers because there are no random letters involved. You can spot a word like again from a mile away. If you don't see again and you have given the bottle a twist (to check from all angles), make a purchase. If not, hit the shelf.

You might find it easiest to practice while not in the store. Just buy a few and take them home. Get the knack for the angle, and it isn't that hard to pull off without looking like a huge tool.Link Here

Attached Files:

2. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

3. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Nah, I think one more time should do it. :D

4. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

Re: How to win 100% on Pepsi iTunes Bottles

Duh...but easier is the three lines for losers versus four lines for winner. Much easier to see.

5. rt_brained macrumors 6502a

So I should stop developing my secret X-ray bottle cap reader terrycloth headband?

6. bella716 macrumors newbie

where are the itunes bottles?

I live in Manhattan and I have yet to see a single bottle of the promo pespis with itunes. Believe me, I've looked everywhere. What's the deal? I'm getting thirsty..for pepsi and by pepsi I mean free songs. I feel like Charlie Bucket over here looking for a freaking golden ticket wonka bar.

7. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

I had to buy a Diet Pepsi just to get the damn bottle cap, there are no other flavours just diet yuck..

8. pkr macrumors member

Pepsi - yech!

If you can't tolerate the taste of Diet Pepsi then head for a 7-11 - where their dispenser has both Coke/DIect Coke and Pepsi. Then just pull off one of the iTunes cups and fill with Diet Coke. Unroll the cup lip when finished and find out if you're a winner.

9. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

This isn't exactly news and its been posted too many times.....:rolleyes:

D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.