How to write it without "@"

Discussion in 'iPhone/iPad Programming' started by JacekK, Jan 21, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

I have a code lie this:

Code:
        // Initialize List View Controller
        MTListViewController *listViewController = [[MTListViewController alloc] init];
        // Initialize Navigation Controller
        UINavigationController *listNavigationController = [[UINavigationController alloc] initWithRootViewController:listViewController];
        // Initialize Tab Bar Controller
        UITabBarController *tabBarController = [[UITabBarController alloc] init];
        // Configure Tab Bar Controller
        [tabBarController setViewControllers:@[listNavigationController]];
    its code from tutorial i am doing right now, i have old version of xcode (4.2) and this is not working:

Code:
    [tabBarController setViewControllers:@[listNavigationController]]
    How can i write it without using "@"

2. macrumors 603

ArtOfWarfare

The @ signifies an Obj-C literal. In this case, what you specifically want is an NSArray literal.

To get this same NSArray as a non-literal, you can do:

Code:
    NSArray *navigationControllerArray = [NSArray arrayWithObject:listNavigationController];
    [tabBarController setViewControllers:navigationControllerArray animated:NO];
    Also, note that there isn't a method for UITabBarController called setViewControllers:, it's called setViewControllers:animated:...

3. macrumors demi-god

KoolStar

If you have multiple object you would have to use arrayWithObjects just an FYI.

4. macrumors 68030

PhoneyDeveloper

OP (and ArtOfWar), if you look at the UITabBarController header you'll find the relevant property:

Code:
    @property(nonatomic,copy) NSArray *viewControllers;
    That's the method you're using so the required parameter is an array of view controllers.