How to...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by frogfroggy, Oct 7, 2006.

1. frogfroggy macrumors member

Sep 22, 2006
    ... uninstall windows media player 9 on osx?
    Reason why I am installing is because I cant watch a few web content streams that I really like to watch including my family. So before I want to buy Flip4Mac, where there is no full guarantee that it will work, Im going to try out the WMP9. I havent installed it yet because I heard rumors that its really difficult to uninstall that trash(!!) software.

So question to you how do I uninstall it from our wonderful iMac. Please explain it to me in easy english. Thank you :)
  2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

Jul 11, 2003
    Never had a problem with WMP. A quick spotlight search shows only a plist file and a folder in applications. Should be simple to uninstall if you want to.
  3. mrichmon macrumors 6502a

Jun 17, 2003
  4. frogfroggy thread starter macrumors member

Sep 22, 2006
    Ok I will install it, but when I try to extract the .bin file with stuffitexpander its preparing for a long time. Is it actually working :confused:
    Or is there another way to install
  5. frogfroggy thread starter macrumors member

Sep 22, 2006
    I tried to extract and then waited for 15 minutes and nothing happened!!! Plus if I click Stop its cancelling but not doing anything again !!!!
    Arent there any other extract programs ?
  6. MisterMe macrumors G4

Jul 17, 2002
    There is no need to buy Flip4Mac. The free download plays Windows Media 9 and earlier content just fine. The paid version is for those who need to convert multimedia to Windows Media format. There is no need to uninstall Windows Media Player. The Flip4Mac installer disables the Windows Media Player plug-in. As for Stuffit Expander, download and install the recently introduced Universal Binary Stuffit Expander 11.