How u save pics?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by jaeshellz, Jul 6, 2004.

1. jaeshellz macrumors member

Jul 6, 2004
    Hey guys I just bought a 12 inch powerbook and I'm in love with it. First time mac user switching from pc so i'm gettin use to it. Its not that difficult at all. Umm i got a couple of questions but i made this post for one specifically...
    If i'm surfing the net and see a picture i want to save, how do i do it? Cause when i press save, and save it to desktop when i open it, it says Preview can't open it... can anybody help???
  2. jsw Moderator emeritus

Mar 16, 2004
    Andover, MA
    Interesting - you control-click (or right-click if you're using an attached 2-button mouse) on an image, select "Save Image As...", pick a filename, save it... and then Preview refuses to open it? Odd. It was a normal image?

You might not know that you can just click down on an image, drag it (without letting up on the mouse button) and drop it (letting up on the mose button) onto your desktop (or anywhere else - i.e., drag it to your hard disk icon, wait a few seconds, that'll open up, and you can drag it into there; likewise with folders on your desktop). This'll also open it in Preview.

I've never had this fail.

No, wait. I did once while dragging an updating image onto my desktop. Sometimes, some funky things can happen. But... 99% of the time, it should work just fine. Either by explicitly saving it, or by just dragging it.