How well are iPod's selling in your area?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by ITR 81, Nov 20, 2003.

1. ITR 81 macrumors 65816

Oct 24, 2003
    I have friend that works at CompUSA that told me they sold 100 iPod's last week and that they are having trouble keeping them in stock.

A friend at BestBuy's told me that he sold 30 iPod's last week and they are really flying off the shelves.

Both my friends says the most popular model is the 10GB iPod.

With iPod sales going this well..I wonder how much of the MP3 player market will Apple have by Jan of next yr??

When I asked about the Dell or Napster player they said they have sold couple but most parents come in asking for the iPod and not about the other players.

I guess this can only mean more folks will be buying more iTunes Music.
  2. Ja Di ksw macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

Apr 9, 2003
    Not working in a store that sells them (or, *cough* at all), I can't give any numbers, but I see them a lot on my campus. More than any other mp3 player, and roughly the same amount as cd players.

I just got my 2nd one, a 10 GB dockable so I can record lectures :D. And when I say just got, I mean that literally. I've had it out of the box for roughly an hour.
  3. Coca-Cola macrumors 6502

Dec 10, 2002
    I saw a couple people with them. They seemed content. That's two for a town of 20000. Oh well.
  4. Nik_Doof macrumors regular

Sep 15, 2003
    St Helens, UK
    I've never seen another one, i'm in a town of about 60 thousand people.
  5. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Nov 5, 2002
    Nik. how often do you see most gadgets? At home, a town of 50k, I don't see them much unless its mine or one of my friends after I convince them to buy one. Similarly i don't see many laptops or anything becasue its not that type of situation. But on a campus of around 40k I see one everyday usually more than one
  6. drjekyl macrumors newbie

Jul 20, 2003
    University of Utah campus: One in 3 people with headphones is using an iPod. I even have a proffesor that i introduced to it and now he has 2.
  7. Squire macrumors 68000

Jan 8, 2003
    The only time I've seen an iPod is at an Apple reseller. And that's in an area of about 15 million. ;)

8. yamabushi macrumors 65816

Oct 6, 2003
    I have never seen anyone using one outside of an Apple store.
  9. scotthughes macrumors newbie

Mar 28, 2003
    In my office in London I know of at least 5 people who have iPods. They are also common to see about town, especially on the tube or train.

It's the distinctive headphones that enable you to spot them.

10. KBFinFan macrumors 6502

May 30, 2003
    Connecticut, USA
    I'm still looking for one... maybe soon I'll see someone else with one.

At my school I think my girlfriend and I are the only ones with iPods..but I could be wrong.
  11. howard macrumors 68020

Nov 18, 2002
    i can't walk around without seeing at least one ipod.

on average i see 2-6 each day.
  12. 1macker1 macrumors 65816

Oct 9, 2003
    A Higher Level
    I've seen 1 iPod. But i see tons of those flash mp3 players.
  13. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Nov 5, 2002
    hmmm whats weird is that I have white earbud headphones but I don't use the apple ones, I have nicer ones but people still assume I'm using an ipod because of the white earbuds hehe
  14. idkew macrumors 68020

Sep 26, 2001
    where the concrete to dirt ratio is better
    I usually see 2 or so on the way to the El, which is two and a half blocks from my flat in Chicago. See them all the time on the El, and when I am walking around town, and those are just the people with the apple earphones. There are a TON in Chicago.
  15. Spike Spiegel macrumors regular

Jan 27, 2002
    i see a few more everyday at my university, from gen 1's to gen 3's; although there are more of the three's probably due to the new ad campaign.
  16. manitoubalck macrumors 6502a

Jul 17, 2003
    Adelaide, Australia
    I only know 2 people with them, and have never seen any while walking around.