How will 360 look on my iMac with Svideo?

Discussion in 'Games' started by xJus10x, Sep 23, 2006.

1. xJus10x macrumors regular

I'm about to purchase the EyeTV 250 and was wondering if anyone could tell my how 360 looks on the iMac monitor with s-video? Is it close to HD quality, or should I just buy an HD TV?

2. risc macrumors 68030

risc

S-Video isn't HD the best you can expect is 480i, imho you should buy a HDTV if you want to get the best out of your 360.

3. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

If you're expecting it to look good on your iMac screen, then I think you will be very disappointed.

There is really nothing like playing a 360 in HD on an HD TV, nothing. I have 42" plasma and it is truly amazing. Go buy the TV, go do it now.

4. xJus10x thread starter macrumors regular

lol i'm tryin but there is a money issue =P

5. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

then play it on a regular tv

6. thechris69 macrumors 6502

thechris69

just play it on w/e you can... the imac should look decently... if money is a issue, they have a olevia 23inch lcd tv for 379$... if thats in your price range I would buy it... when i save up enough money im going to purchase one

7. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Svideo looks good I would go with vga myself because it is able to diplay a very crisp picture. Get the TV/Monitor when you get some money. The 360 looks good on regular TV as well.

Bless

8. xJus10x thread starter macrumors regular

The Olevia is nice, but its only 480p, if it could do 720p I'd buy that.

9. coal macrumors regular

coal

Honestly, it isn't remotely the same thing playing the Xbox 360 on an SDTV (or other non-HD monitor like your iMac).

Check sites like fatwallet.com for deals on HDTVs. They're getting cheaper and cheaper and look forward to Black Friday if you are on a budget and would like to buy the best possible television.