How Would I Draw This Using Bezier Curves?

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by Over Achiever, Jun 10, 2006.

1. Over Achiever macrumors 68000

Over Achiever

I'm still working on creating curves, but I can't seem to be able to draw this (or something similar) using bezier curves:
    [​IMG]
    How would I go about doing this? Where would I place the points, etc. I'm trying to add a flowly headline banner w/ gradient into Pages, I'm having a hard time going about it so far.

Any ideas?

2. BigBadErik macrumors newbie

Illustrator

Best way is to paste the graphic into Illustrator CS2 and do Live Trace. Should create nice beziers for you.

Another way is to paste into Illustrator and use the pen tool and create your own Beziers. You're going to have to create two additional objects to create the black fills.

If you don't know how to do Beziers already, this tutorial might help:

http://veerle.duoh.com/index.php/blog/comments/illustration_from_sketch_to_finish_part_one/

Peace,
    Erik

3. Over Achiever thread starter macrumors 68000

Over Achiever

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for! Now I just have to duplicate this in Pages so I can adjust and fill gradients to match the content, copy and paste just copies a pdf, while nice, isn't what I desire.

4. beatle888 macrumors 68000

beatle888

points on a curve usually are placed before you go into the curve and after you come out. for example on the letter U the points would go on the left straight line and the right curved line pulling the control points into the curve. there are plenty of tutorials online if you have time.