how would it connect to my tv?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by SBik2, Sep 24, 2006.

1. SBik2 macrumors 6502a

SBik2

I have a 24 LCD tv and and it has the three colored things for like XBOX 360 and so on... And it has something called S-Video how would i get my MacBook to use my TV as its monitor?

2. AlwaysRight macrumors member

Buy an adapter

You will need to go to the apple store and buy an adapter that will plug into your monitor port. You have only described analog inputs though which means it won't look great and even if you had digital i'm not sure the macbook integrated graphics would be able to handle it

3. erickkoch macrumors 6502a

I use an S-Video adapter to watch videos from my powerbook on my 30 inch TV. Alwaysright is correct, it doesn't look great, but it's better than watching them on a 12 inch screen.

4. SBik2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

SBik2

its ok what cords would i need to hook it up to an s video port? and how else would it get sound?

5. JAT macrumors 603

It will look like crap through Svideo. Unlike erickkoch, I would rather have decent resolution than a couple more inches. But for $19 you can get the Svideo adapter for your Mac at the Apple Store. It should be called "Mini-DVI to Video" or something like that. Do a search online or ask at a Store.

Are you sure the TV doesn't have an HDMI or DVI port? Or VGA? Seems really strange that it would not have one of these 3 choices if it is a recent model.