Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

coolwater

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
1. Will there be only one app icon for each version (one made for smaller screen and one made for bigger screen) of the same apps in the apps store?

2. We still need to buy only one app and use in both devices?

eawmp1

macrumors 601
Feb 19, 2008
FL
1) Asked and answered. You can run an iPhone-sized version of the app on the tablet or upsize with lower resolution. It's up to each app developer via the SDK kit to recode an iPad verision of their apps.

2) Whether the developers will release separate apps for sale for each platform or provide code for dual installation, and whether they will charge for this service has yet to be seen.

admanimal

macrumors 68040
Apr 22, 2005
Developers will have the option of either selling one app that works on both devices with a single download (and is still customized for each device), or selling two completely separate versions that are two different downloads in the store.

coolwater

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
Developers will have the option of either selling one app that works on both devices with a single download (and is still customized for each device), or selling two completely separate versions that are two different downloads in the store.

Interesting.

That means they can even charge a different price for each version.

chris7777

macrumors 6502
Nov 27, 2008
How much more would you be willing to pay? For say a 99 cent iphone ap, upscaled for the ipad?

We are working on a cheapo app, but I am not sure on pricing on the pad, I am kind of disappointed in the features, since it really doesn't open any new options other than display size.

I am jut curious.

I wonder If since apple is supposedly going to allow publishers to set their own pricing, if it would allow developers the same option, if say we wanted to charge a buck fifty, for example.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.