How's my story

Discussion in 'Community' started by mmmdreg, Oct 17, 2004.

1. mmmdreg macrumors 65816

mmmdreg

Hey I cooked something up for English.. read it if you got time. It's theme is "journeys". What do you think?

edit: for those who can't be stuffed changing the encoding, here's it in pdf

2. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

i read through about the first page of it until the weird characters instead of apostrophes and colons and such got annoying but i know that's not part of the story. :p it's really good and paints a beautiful, if depressing at times, picture. what english class is this for btw? i wish we were allowed to use contractions in english:(--well maybe we are now--but in middle school we'd always get counted off significantly for using contractions. :

3. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

For the character thing: read it with your encoding set to MacRoman.

Story: very funny, but the tomato surprise could use a little more ham :D

4. mmmdreg thread starter macrumors 65816

mmmdreg

Lol it's for creative writing. I wouldn't use contractions in a formal essay or anything but hey. Anyway, I think you have to read the entire thing as the last part is quite important to the story as a whole =) even tho the ending sux..

edit: I added a link to the pdf in the first post for those who can't be stuffed changing the encoding..

5. paxtonandrew macrumors 6502

I have a relative that is in Year 11 in Sydney, and this week were also given the 'Area of Study' (I Think) journeys. They are doing Physical Journeys, which i have to say sounds boring. There is a film study I believe, which is rabbit proof fence. The only reason i know, is my DVD of that movie has disappeared into thin air last week, and when I asked where it was, i was told. Are you doing Standard or Advanced English? My Relative is only doing Standard.