How's the mac mini for film editing?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mcox912, May 27, 2006.

1. mcox912 macrumors newbie

I saw this and am wondering if i should go for it...1.25 GHz G4 Mac Mini, keyboard, mouse, and a 15" LDC monitor for sale. Im asking only $550.00 for the whole package.

Plus!!! It has Photoshop, Final Cut, and iMovie HD, MS Works installed on it.

2. Veritas&Equitas macrumors 68000

Veritas&Equitas

It sounds like you are both selling it (I'm asking only $550 for the whole package) and buying it (wondering I should go for it?) *confused :confused: *

3. FF_productions macrumors 68030

FF_productions

You have this posted in 2 threads, don't do that.:(

4. corywoolf macrumors 65816

corywoolf

Oh and does it include the discs and licenses? Didn't think so. They don't make MS Works for the Mac.

[​IMG]

5. FF_productions macrumors 68030

FF_productions

He isn't selling it, he's trying to buy it, he just worded it completely wrong because he also has this posted in the "Digital Video" Forum.

6. Leeloo the 5th macrumors member

Leeloo the 5th

What's the amount of RAM? I have that Mini with 512 megs of RAM and rendering in iMovie or iDVD is slow. Even previewing your work from the timeline in iMovie gets choppy after a little while. I haven't even tried installing FC on it, as I only do this as an amateur and not that often, this computer is fine for me.

7. corywoolf macrumors 65816

corywoolf

Well, that must be one of the worst thought out posts I've read on here. No offense to the OP, you are a newb, so I wont say anything else. :rolleyes: