How's this for a quote...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iAlan, Oct 16, 2005.

1. iAlan macrumors 65816

iAlan

"All this relationship stuff is just hard work, and it costs too much for too little return. Computers are much better. They improve according to the amount of time and money spent on them, unlike women"

Computer geek in Akihabara (Tokyo, Japan), poking fun at the popularity of the "Train Man" book, film and TV series about a shy guy who saves a babe from a drunken man on a train one night, which leads to a blossoming romance.

clickety-link

2. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

An understandable lament coming from a geek, but that is the downside when one gets too accustomed to the radiant warmth of a PowerBook.

3. mcarnes macrumors 68000

mcarnes

Nah, I love my mac but nothing beats fine poon.

4. watcher2001 macrumors 6502a

watcher2001

How about this for a quote. Sounds like you could take this one to heart.

"The big difference between sex for money and sex for free is that sex for money usually costs a lot less."

5. tweakers_suck macrumors regular

I was going to post something about the Train Man (Densha Otoko) TV show today, but never got around to it. I watched the first 9 episodes today and thought it was very entertaining. Funny, sad, so pathetic at times I felt embarresed for the main character. It's a really good soap opera about a geek and his courage.

I cant' wait for my wife to get home. She is bringing the last two episodes:)

6. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

you're a poet!

:p

7. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

10 gets you 1, he'll never make it to the prose. :cool:

8. iAlan thread starter macrumors 65816

iAlan

Where is she bringing the last 2 episodes from?

I haven't gotten around to watching it yet, although it is all he talk around the office of late - I guess the OL see a future for the poor geeks afterall...

9. tweakers_suck macrumors regular

I borrowed a dvd with the first 9 episodes on it from my sister-in-laws friend. We are also borrowing the last two episodes from my sister-in-law. I think somebody must have saved them from tv broadcast - but the resolution is phenomenal and has to be played on my computer. Not really sure of the original source.

I was hooked on it...