Hows your black/white iphone 5 months later?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by myditka, Feb 7, 2013.

1. macrumors member

Do you wish you went with the black if you have the white? or vise versa?

I have the black and I kind of wish I got the white instead now..

2. macrumors 6502a

BlueGummiBear

I went with black and will never go back.

3. macrumors Core

alphaod

I have both. No I don't have problem with either one. Honestly I don't know what people are complaining about when they say their phones are scratched up. Just get a back film if you're that concerned. I'm fine with the light chips on the chamfered edges.

4. thread starter macrumors member

Which color looks better now down the road in your opinion

5. macrumors 6502a

holding up pretty darn good... just some nicks around the bezel, no scratches on the screen or back

EDIT: White version

6. macrumors regular

Nearly 3 months with the black model but I keep looking at the white model thinking "should have I...?"

7. macrumors 65816

aDRock1154

White model.. Still absolutely flawless...

8. thread starter macrumors member

Are the nicks noticeable on the white?

9. macrumors 68020

Meh... It's black, it's a placeholder till Apple builds a larger more contemporary phone.

Give us a choice that can go head to head with the latest & upcoming top of the line Android phones, and I'll happily put down the cash for one.

10. macrumors 604

jmann

My black one is fine. It has a case on it, but I don't regret my color choice. I still think that black looks best with apps that haven't been updated for the taller screen size.

11. macrumors 601

cambookpro

You can see a tiny bit of silver showing in some areas when the antenna band meets the chamfered edge, right on that join.

Considering I haven't kept it in a case, it's done brilliantly, though next time I may get white simply for a change.

12. macrumors member

went white and it was right

rocking it naked from day 1. No scratches or scuffs.

13. macrumors 68040

Black iPhone 5 still looking great. Finally got a very small scratch on the black metal band last week. Still happy I went black for this gen. It looks way better than the white one.

14. macrumors 68020

Rocko1

5 human demerits for using the word "rocking' as a verb.

15. macrumors 68040

velocityg4

I use a hard case and matte screen cover. So it still looks the same three years later. I replace the protectors when they start to look ratty.

Black 3GS

16. macrumors 6502a

My white model is gorgeous and in pretty good condition. I managed to drop it on tile TWICE the day before my case was supposed to arrive :)rolleyes:) but thankfully it just made two dings on the front corners. Now I just have a few light scratches around the bezel where the case isn't covering. I have screen protectors on the front and back so there should be no marks on the glass or the aluminum.

I started with a black model but returned it for a white one because it looks so much nicer.

17. macrumors 6502

I went with the black one, and have regretted it since almost the get go. Unless you have a particular want/need, white is the way to go.

18. macrumors 68020

iapplelove

No case and I absuse mine and really only a few very small scratches on the screen from coming in and out of my pocket. But the back is still perfect

19. macrumors 68000

ritmomundo

My launch day black is perfect (except for the tiny scuff that was out of the box). And its been dropped 4 times on hard floors. But I keep it in a case, so...

20. macrumors regular

my original ip5 bought on release date, well that one the volume button broke. so i took it to apple last week and they gave me a "new" phone. though im not sure if its new or refurbished. so now that i dont know if my phone is new or not, i JBed it :) But besides that, the phone was still in perfect condition! White by the way

21. macrumors 68000

Brien

White iPhone 5 looks pretty good, but I have a case and screen protector on it. I'm accident prone, which outweighs how awesome it looks naked.

22. macrumors member

thanks for your contribution to the discussion! go home now...

23. macrumors 603

mobilehaathi

Color is such a negligible factor in my use and enjoyment of my phone. I'm content with my black one, as I'm sure I would be with a white one.