How's Your Irony Meter Doing?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by mactastic, Aug 30, 2006.

1. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I hope this doesn't destroy it...

From an interview with Bill Frist by some conservative bloggers:
    Frist doesn't even get it that the reason we are less safe today is precisely because Bush 'put the spotlight' on Iraq. Does that even register with him as he angrily attacks?

2. iGary Guest

iGary

If this man is ever elected president, I'm leaving.

And I mean it.

3. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

am i reading him correctly? that the dems are holding back administration efforts to overrule the courts on domestic spying and military tribunals by talking about iraq?

so many things wrong there, i don't know where to start.

4. mactastic thread starter macrumors 68040

mactastic

That's what I got from it. That Frist feels that because the Democrats are obsessing over Iraq, other aspects of the war on terror are being shortchanged. And considering that we've been told that Iraq is the central front on the GWOT, I can't see how his statement holds any validity.

Don't even bother reading the rest of the interview then. It'll make your head hurt.

5. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

This is Frist we're talking about. The man who said a woman with a liquid brain should be left on life support because she looked ok from an old home video. Or that AIDS could be transmitted via tears. You people are actually still surprise by this stuff? Logic does not play into this at all.

6. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Oh, and he killed a bunch of cats when he was in school too.

7. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

How's my irony meter?

I'm not entirely sure, somewhere around 2004 it exploded in a ball of fire and left a radioactive smear on the Earth. Physcists debate on whether it went back in time or it's on the way to Alpha Centauri.

I'm really not sure.