HP 1100 print drivers for 10.4.4

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Reflow, Feb 4, 2006.

1. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

Ok just as it says. I'm looking for the site that had the print drivers for this model and I can't find or remember what the site was named. Or does anyone know where to find the files on my iBook so I can put it on my New iMac

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Have you tried HP's site? Just a quick search there gave me six different printers under the guise of 1100 so you may have to be more specific. :)

3. Temujin macrumors 6502a

Temujin

4. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

There doesn't seem to be a driver for OS X. Have you tried using the printer anyway? Most printers will just work in OS X anyway. You could also try installing the HP drivers from the OS X install disk.

5. AppleMatt macrumors 68000

AppleMatt

Nice. I only checked the site because of this thread and found new (January) drivers for me printer :)

I've always found HP software to be rubbish, the fact that there's three HP processes running now (and one of them is just to prevent lockups, nothing else) and the HP software update didn't catch this doesn't inspire me :rolleyes:

AppleMatt

6. mklos macrumors 68000

mklos

I would try using the HP LaserJet 4 printer driver. Thats a pretty open driver and works for a lot of different laser printers from HP and other manufacturers. If the HP printer drivers are preinstalled on your Mac, then it will be in the list.

If the LaserJet 4 driver doesn't work, then try using the LaserJet 5 PS (post script) driver.

The suggestions above are assuming that you mean the HP LaserJet 1100 gravity feed printer which a lot of people try to use on the Mac.

7. AppleMatt macrumors 68000

AppleMatt

Ok the new drivers crash any program when you try and print.

I ****ing hate HP.

AppleMatt

8. Reflow thread starter macrumors 68000

Reflow