hp 2300c

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by moly82, May 26, 2004.

1. moly82 macrumors newbie

i all, i`m a new user of mac (ibook g4), it` great!

i have only one problem: i cannot se my scanner hp 2300c because i cannot find the correct drivers anywhere, could you help me with this?

thanx in advance, bye! :)

ps: i`d like also to partition the hard disk and reload panther with custom packages: i cannot do this with the restore cd! >( why don`t they include the original osx cd? :( could i find it somewhere? (torrent etc ;) :D )

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

HP does not seem to support the 2300c on ANY version of the Mac OS (I looked on the HP site). So I guess you are out of luck there.
    Regarding your 'ps', actually, you are mistaken - it IS possible, at least with the restore CD/DVDs I got with my iMac. All I have to do is insert disc 1 (a bootable DVD with the Mac OS X installer), select it in Startup Disk, restart the computer to boot from it, choose "Open Disk Utility" from the Installer menu at the screen where it asks you to choose the primary language, and format/partition the disk from there. Once I'm done, I quit Disk Utility, which returns me to the Installer, where I install Mac OS X. Once it's installed, I then install the Software Restore program and restore the additional software that came with my iMac.

3. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

You might try VueScan. It is available here.

4. moly82 thread starter macrumors newbie

I can make the partitions, sorry if I explained bad, but I meant if I can install only the things and packages that I want, not all the default applications (all the languages etc etc I need only Italian! ;) :D ): a customized installation, not a restore.

thank you :)

5. moly82 thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you, I will try! :)

also me checked the hp homepage, and I didn`t find the drivers (the same problem I had before with linux!!damn!!!:( ) but someone told me that he heard a solution with it.. i will ask him again :(

bye and sorry for my english, ciao! :)

6. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Oh - I see now. In that case, you need to use a little application called Pacifist. It allows you to extract particular installers from a larger package, such as the Mac OS X install. Doing this with just the installers you want will get you the software you need (Pacifist is shareware).

7. 7on macrumors 601

7on

There is also a "Customize" button in the lower-right hand of the OSX Installer (could also be Options, but you said you're running Itailan). I also forget which screen. But the System Restore Disks are exactly the same as the OSX Default disks (other than specifically made for your model i.e. an iMac restore disk won't work on a PowerMac). But you can customize an install nonetheless.

8. moly82 thread starter macrumors newbie

you are right! I'm very stupid I didn't see that option! sorry! :)

I was able to install 1.5gb of packages instead then 2.6gb.. very good!

thank you all! :)

now I should try vuescan for the scanner.. even if I think it won't work... :( :( :(

bye all and thank you again! :)