HP 5150 inkjets gone?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by buckuxc, Aug 28, 2003.

1. macrumors regular

Aug 28, 2003
    hey all,

Ok, Apple is officially driving me nuts. Maybe not as nuts as some people, but still. I've been in the batter's box for getting a powerbook for a while now. I was all ready to jump on board and get myself a 15"er despite the lack of a couple of key features (i.e. Airport Extreme most notably) when I read rumors about upgrades. I really wanted to catch the buy a bundle, get a bundle back deal by purchasing the $99 HP 5150 printer and an iPod along with the PB. Well, I've been patiently waiting for the upgrade to the 15" and still nothing.

And now the kicker. Under the buy a bundle deal, the $99 HP is no longer an option. The cheapest one is the $149 all in one, which I don't need. The 5150 is still available under the next promotion down, for just the printers, so what gives?

Should I / Can I hold out til the upgrade and still get this rebate? If I select the HP 5150 from the other list, is my rebate going to be for $300 or am I going to get screwed? or is it all hopeless and I should have just purchased it all a month ago? Any ideas?

2. macrumors newbie

Apr 1, 2003
    I called them on this earlier as I too had a question. All I know is you have to buy everything in one order.