HP Alliance

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by fjguerra, Jan 13, 2004.

1. fjguerra macrumors newbie

Can somebody tell me a little more about that alliance, cause I have a ratehr bad oppinion about HP and hope Apple's quality and policy doesn't go down...

Thanx!

2. 7on macrumors 601

7on

Hopefully a bit of Apple will rub off on HP and HP'll start making good printers :D

I kid, but it's just that HP will start bundling iTunes on their computers and market a special iPod with an HP look to it.

3. Horrortaxi macrumors 68020

Horrortaxi

I don't understand this partnership. HP has pretty bad Mac support. If they're really going to have a relationship then maybe HP will write OS X drivers for some of their scanners. That might be too much to ask.

4. benixau macrumors 65816

benixau

Modern HP gear has some excellent mac drivers. Their tech support don't know Jack (call Apple - they cab help more).

I have a DJ5550C - nice - really. I also have an iPAQ 4350 - excellent build quality. And they are a good plastic build = lower cost = better for competition.

I think apple will be selling the hiPods to HP at wholesale price - or whatever they charge Apple Centres for them.

5. AMDMACMAN macrumors newbie

I have an compaq notebook(really an HP, its just marketed as a campaq. It came in an hp box with hp instruction manual.)

This notebook is a centrino and quality wise it was far superior to my brother ibook. It just felt sturdier and more rugid.
    I know it might be better to compare it to a power book, but we did not have one of those lying around.

I still wish i would have bought a mac though. Ah till next time.