HP C3180 Recommendable?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by applekid, Mar 20, 2007.

1. applekid macrumors 68020

Jul 3, 2003
    I need a printer/copier. So far, the C3180 appears to be my best bet. My roommate has it and it prints much faster than the old Canon that was handed down to me when my sister was in college and the scanner/copier function comes in quite handy when I need pages copied from textbooks.

Is this a recommendable printer/copier for the Mac? I'm searching through threads here and see color problems and that's about it. Buy or not? Of course, suggestions for other brands are always helpful!
  2. puckhead193 macrumors G3

May 25, 2004
    i have an HP 4180 and it print pinks. hp is sending me a new one :rolleyes:
  3. itsme92 Guest

I've got a C6180, but I can tell you that the HP printing/scanning software for Mac is excellent, the reviews you may read about bad software are talking about the Windows versions of the software.

Something else I thought was funny, when installing, it illustrated a desktop Mac, laptop Mac, desktop PC, and laptop PC. The Mac laptop they illustrated was a 12" PB, and it looked very sleek. Next to it was a generic PC laptop that looked like it was as thick as a brick.

I guess HP had Mac users illustrate their diagrams and program their software. ;)
  4. applekid thread starter macrumors 68020

Jul 3, 2003
    Heh. That may explain why they had a contest for designing the next HP print ad and the top prize were almost $10,000 in Mac and HP printing hardware (not their own PCs!).

Can I get a few more replies before I go out to buy this?
  5. CortexRock macrumors 6502

Dec 3, 2006
    Canterbury, England
    I've got the C3180 hooked up to Airport Express for both my Macs, works a treat. I use it mainly for printing high-res DVD sleeves etc. Great print quality and the printer settings menus are very thorough and completely customisable... a bargain at £40, but as with all inkjets they kill you on the 'official' ink and papers.
  6. astarling06 macrumors regular

Nov 9, 2006
    Manhattan, KS
    Definitely go with the C6180

I agree itsme92. I have a C6180 and I have had great luck with it. I use it with my MBP and my wife and daughter use PCs and it works without any problems. It is a little pricey, but with the amount of options it comes with and the functionality, it's well worth it.:apple:
  7. stuartrozier macrumors regular

Nov 12, 2011
    express and c3180

hello, in regards to your post... I have also connected up the c3180 to airport express, and it shows under the printer tab in the utility, but my windows pc now cannot see the printer?