HP f2105 Monitor Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Tarannis, Aug 16, 2006.

1. Tarannis macrumors newbie

Aug 16, 2006
    Hi all,

This is a general cry for help - forgive me for using this forum to post non-Mac hardware issues, but the only two existing threads on any message boards that I've found (through various search engines including google, ask, and yahoo) concerning the HP f2105 monitor are located in Mac Forums.

My problem is similar to the second one listed, in which the monitor will suddenly shut itself off ("Monitor going to sleep") and is unresponsive to any external stimulus other than restarting the whole computer. Has anyone had the same problem (other than the poster of the the second listed thread)? Might it have anything to do with a conflict with a video card?

Thanks for any response (even viewing this would be nice - in case any of you ever run into people who have this monitor and this problem).

2. phlyirsh macrumors newbie

Apr 1, 2007
    Same problem with f2105

I've had very similar behavior from an HP f2105 monitor. When my G5 desktop goes to sleep, the monitor displays a small rectangular screen saver that rotates across the screen, though when I awaken the G5 by tugging at the mouse or hitting the keyboard, the display flashes on and off. I must restart the computer to "re-boot" the monitor. Then things are find until the next extended sleep.

I've moved the monitor and G5 from one room to the next since setting the menu on the monitor so it may be necessary to revisit that. But I'm seeing the same thing described in the first post in this thread, and any ideas would be appreciated.