hp ipod? wtf?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by switchedanhappy, Jan 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. switchedanhappy macrumors regular

what up with this? that blue monstrosity isn't an ipod!where does hp get off marketing the ipod as there own? that retched woman hardly even acknowledged apple in her half-baked "speech"they even had the balls (maybe) to change the OS, as I hear that it doesn't display that familiar, friendly apple logo at start-up. I, for one, will be campaigning against hp's "partnership"(ripping off of) apple and hoping that the ipod can one day return to being exclusively white, and apple branded. (not being racist, pc-police):rolleyes:

2. Doraemon macrumors 6502

3. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Re: hp ipod? wtf?

Little thing called business strategy.
    Since Steve signed a contract with them saying they could.

4. Dale Sorel macrumors 6502a

Dale Sorel

5. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

yeah, at first it seemed a little off to me, but there's going to be no mistaking who makes them with consumers, and this is a hell of a business strategy. they just got their iTMS and iPods unveiled to an entire captive audience (it comes preinstalled, which is a huge advantage) while eliminating one competitor (hp would have otherwise unrolled their own music player and store). this was a very good idea.

i do wish the apple logo appeared somewhere on the case, like down with the FCC information, but it appears on screen, which is good enough.

paul

6. Maclarny macrumors 6502

Maclarny

Wah?????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.