1. DavidCL23 macrumors 6502

I have a large ($220) gift card to officemax do you think they will sell the hp ipods in the summer? Also isnt the hp ipod supposed to be released already? Do you think the hp ipod is the EXACT same just in blue of the original 3g ipod? How much do you expect it to cost, I am thinking $250 like the mini.

2. kgarner macrumors 68000

kgarner

I was talking to the HP rep at the CompUSA I work at, and he said that it looks like they are actually going to just use the white version and not do the "HP Blue". I think they were going to release them in June, but he said there may be a problem there too. Now I don't know how accurate his information is (being only a rep and not a decision maker), but that is apparently the word circulating around HP.

3. Apmonia macrumors regular

I work at Best Buy and the Hewlett Packard rep told me the same thing except for the color part, which he had no knowledge on. He also said that there is a conference of some sort in early July, and usually that means new product training for the reps. If I had to guess, that would be when the new "hPod" will see the light of day. Let's just hope it isn't blue. :)

Apmonia

4. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
  5. DavidCL23 thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks guys, do you expect a price decrease from $300 starting price when it arrives?
    I am hoping for $200 but I really doubt that will happen ;-) (then i have just enough with my gift card!! :) )

6. Gherkin macrumors 6502

I highly doubt there will be any price reduction. Especially now with these rumors that it will be white. No one would buy an iPod from Apple anymore, what would be the point?

7. DavidCL23 thread starter macrumors 6502

that's bc it all fits in, these get a price reduction, and apple realeases new ipods at the old pricing structure starting at $300 (maybe aluminum models like the ipod mini) vs $250ish for these "old" models. :p

8. kgarner macrumors 68000

kgarner

The rep told me that they were going to be selling them at the same price. The upside could be that HP is much more willing to offer rebates and so forth on their products (when purchased in a bundle). Maybe a buy an HP computer and an hPod and get $100 off or something.

9. DavidCL23 thread starter macrumors 6502

good point, they always have promotions, hopefully no rebates as those never arrive!

10. michaelrjohnson macrumors 68020

your rebates will ALWAYS arrive.. you just have to be patient. it's a small price to pay to save as much as we do (when using mail-in rebates).