HP Makes Great Commercials

Discussion in 'Community' started by el greenerino, Dec 21, 2004.

1. el greenerino macrumors regular

Jul 7, 2003
    I ecspecially like the photosmart commericals with the cool music and the people pulling prints out of thin air. I know one was 'Pictures of You' by the Cure but what is the song in the current one?

Their iPod commericals are also good, not as annoying as the Apple ones in my opinion, the square dancing one is funny.

There's also one with a guy walking through his office and baba o'reily is playing while the scenery is changing.

Overall, They have good graphics, good music, and are identifiable with HP, Which is the goal of a commerical.
  2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Jul 4, 2004
    I agree completely. They're the most eye-catching & memorable technology ones on UK terrestial at the moment...

If only Apple did similar campaigns with their computers... sigh.
  3. Wes macrumors 68020

Jun 22, 2001
    I like those ads. Very well done and seamless. It's right up there with the Citroën adverts and the moment.
  4. urban1985_ macrumors regular

Dec 7, 2004
    Burnaby, British Columbia
    Yeah I love the hp photo printer ads. That songs gets stuck in my head "take pictures of your mama..." I want to know what it's called haha. They're one of the best ads out there right now.

I used to like GAP ads, they've gone downhill.
  5. zarathustra macrumors 6502a

Jul 16, 2002
    Philadelphia, PA
    It's the Kinks - Picture book. Believe it or not, that commercial is partially responsible for me getting an HP R707 camera...

I am a sucker...

Actually the camera is great, no regrets.
  6. neut macrumors 68000

Nov 27, 2001
    here (for now)
    marketing people must love you guys...

thier ads have gotten much better in the last year or so. the photo commercial was neat, but the effect really wasn't all that hard to pull off, but it looked great. the iPod ad is pretty cool with the music changed up. and i like the building ad (matches thier flash banners). the flash ads they have running around the web are pretty cool too.

hp ads

7. el greenerino thread starter macrumors regular

Jul 7, 2003
    Thank You Neut that is exactly what I needed. Funny thing is that I still won't buy an HP computer, camera, or hPod.