HP Media Center PC w/ iPod Dock

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by rtdgoldfish, Mar 30, 2005.

1. rtdgoldfish macrumors 6502a

rtdgoldfish

HP has a new model of their Media Center PC line that now includes a built in dock for an iPod on the top of the tower. They have also moved away from the black coloring of the older Media Center units to a new silver color. Not the best looking desktop in the world but they do include the iPod dock which I think is a great idea for a media PC. Also, the DVD burner is one of those LightScribe drives.

Bad things about it include an on-board graphics chip. Why would anyone want a media center with this kind of graphics?? Even the old ones have a regular AGP graphics card and I believe the last models moved to PCIExpress. (Mine is 2 years old and has a 128mb GeForce 4 which I think would be better than a 64mb on-board, right??)

They also finally got rid of the floppy drive. I think this is one of the first HPs to do that as well.

Here's a few links:
    Yahoo News Article

CompUSA Product Page (Has the best picture I could find of the thing)

HP Product Page

2. iGary Guest

iGary

Can they make computers any uglier?

I admit, I like how HP puts a lot of the I/O stuff up front, but the faces of these machines look like tackle boxes with all the drawers anymore. :rolleyes: