HP photosmart 3210/3310

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by puckhead193, Apr 14, 2006.

1. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

I want a new photo printer and found these two models. I've had good luck with HP so i plan on sticking with them unless i get horrible feedback about these two printers; i've had bad luck with canon printers so..yea.

Anyone have any of these models? how well is the print quality? (esp photos) How does that wireless function work on the 3310? how does it compare to airport? If I hook it up to my airport express, can i scan wirelessly to? ( i don't get how the wireless works) Also is it iPhoto/mac friendly? Hows the scanner, I have a lot of photo from trip and stuff (negatives) that I would like to scan in?
    I haven't yet played with it in the store, but how big is it? Is it bulky or not too bad?

Thanks

2. puckhead193 thread starter macrumors G3

puckhead193

3. puckhead193 thread starter macrumors G3

puckhead193

i'm leaning towards the 3310.. any other suggestions...
    I feel like i'm talking to myself...

4. Trilsk macrumors newbie

I sell those guys pretty regularly at Best Buy for someone who wants a good Multi Function unit with the capability of having a good photo come out. To answer some of your questions...

A) To my eye, the quality of the 4x6 Print is stunning. Colors are beautiful, and the images are crisp and sharp. The camera we use (of course) is I think a $2000 Nikon from Digital Imaging. So it might be a little unfair, but the printer is able to put out an awesome photo at 4x6. I haven't seen anything done larger yet.

B) The Wireless function is a piece of cake to set up. Run the Network Setup Utility from the printer, install on your computer. Done and done. Scanning wireless also works as well, though it's not as fast as being hardwired from what I've seen.

C) As for the scanning quality, my parents use it to scan in logo's from various Vineyards in California for their Wine Distrubition business. The image comes in at a good quality, though sometimes crooked but that is easily fixed. I'm not sure if it can do Negatives, and I can't attest to the quality if it can.

D) Size. It is a big printer, but not huge by any means. For it's size, it doesn't feel "bulky". I also feel that it's easier to get over the size of it because it's a sleek printer. Your paper is loaded into the bottom, and the control panel is easy to use.

I believe it is Mac ready. I am still using a Windows XP machine at the moment, I don't get to order my MacBook Pro until May so I'm semi stuck. But I do know the Printer well enough to say that it is an awesome printer.

Biggest thing you can do for yourself if you get this printer regards the inks. HP makes an '02 Value Pack that has all 6 of the Ink Cart's in it as well as 150 sheets of 4x6 Photo Paper. It retails at $38. If you add up how much it costs to get everything else you almost break the $100 mark. So when you need to refill, I would say, 3 or more cart's get the value pack. You'll save yourself money in the long run.

5. raheel52000 macrumors newbie

Hp

I just buy hp esp but unable to install the proper software..

6. puckhead193 thread starter macrumors G3

puckhead193

Thanks for the reviews/input. I think i'm gonna go for the 3210 as I don't need a fax (well i could use it but i can't use it at school, something with the phone line??) and the smaller screen won't be an huge issues. The wireless would be nice but not a nesscetty plus its good to save money. I only see these 2 differences between the models, unless i'm missing something? The print quality is the same right?

7. Trilsk macrumors newbie

Print quality is the same from every demo print that I've done. The only features you miss out on are..
    • The larger LCD on the 3310
    • Built in fax
    • Built in wireless
    You'll enjoy the printer :D