HP Printer Issue

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Kobushi, Feb 28, 2006.

1. Kobushi macrumors 6502a

Kobushi

Hey all,

I ran out of black ink on my hp deskjet 5150 and quickly refilled it with decent quality ink. However when I went to print again, it went halfway through a page before declaring the printer to be out of ink (the half page that printed came out beautifully). Of course, the ink cartridge is just telling the computer it's printed as many pages as it was designed to do. Does anyone know of a way to either reset the ink level, or fool the computer into thinking the print cartridge is just fine?

I already tried ditching the prefences thinking that serial # of the cartridge must be recorded somewhere. No luck :(

any help?

2. nanofrog macrumors G4

Never mind.
    Responded to a spammer, and Mod's pulled it.
    Thanks guys!

3. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

No luck, all the cartridges nowadays have built-in sensors, so that once it is out of ink, it is set to never print again. So, go out and buy another set of cartridges. Although, if you want to save money and get better quality prints go laser. It's expensive to start but you can print more pages per drum/toner. My brother laser wireless printer ($100 USD) can print over 2k pages per drum/toner which is about $30 each. just my 2 cents..