HP psc 1315xi all-in-one problems...

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Mr_Brightside_@, Sep 28, 2005.

1. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68000

Mr_Brightside_@

hey everyone, just wondering if any of you have any problems printing with the hp psc 1315 printer, or any of the 1310 series. specifically, mine will not print along the entire bottom of a page (it misses a couple cm) and although ive noticed that you can push in the very top sheet further than the others, this is not always convienent, as i lke to leave it to print stuff... anyone else have the same problems, or maybe solutions...? thanks

2. kgarner macrumors 68000

kgarner

I don't have that printer myself, but my sister and brother share one and have never raised this issue to me (designated family tech support guy). They are both on iBooks running Tiger. Generally, make sure you have the latest driver, then system updates, then after those don't fix the problem you might consider calling HP to see if yours is defective.

3. Mr_Brightside_@ thread starter macrumors 68000

Mr_Brightside_@

ok thanks... i just pritned out that free ipod form from apple as A4 size and it didnt cut anything off but is flipped from normal- the bottom is along the 11' margin, not the 8' one

4. AmericanIdiot12 macrumors regular

mine does that but i have a hp psc 2175 all-in-one

just noticed it yesterday

5. Mr_Brightside_@ thread starter macrumors 68000

Mr_Brightside_@

try setig the default to A4 rather than us letter... it seems to work ok, for me, and a lot faster

6. cheekyspanky macrumors 6502a

cheekyspanky

My HP all in one does that as well, always manages to cut off the bottom half of any text in the footer section of Word documents.

Also the scanner seems to refuse to work with my Mac mini. Any of you had problems with that aspect as well? If you did, how did you fix it?

Good job I don't print often eh?!

7. Mr_Brightside_@ thread starter macrumors 68000

Mr_Brightside_@

8. NotaMACperson macrumors newbie

Solution

As my name implies I do not use MACs, but I was having the same problem with my printer and Word. After an hour of messing with every setting imaginable, I found the solution, follow these steps...I hope it works for you too:

*** NOTICE: These instructions will alter the NORMAL "DEFAULT" TEMPLATE in Microsoft Word, to ensure you do not change anything other than the setting listed here ALWAYS start with a NEW DOCUMENT and backup your existing copy of the "NORMAL" template prior to making changes. The "Normal" template can be found in "C:\Documents and Settings\"your user name"\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates" for WINDOWS based computers; MAC users, please refer to Microsoft's website to locate the "NORMAL" template on you own computers and make a copy of it (in another location) prior to making the following changes! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! ***

1) Open a NEW Word DOC
    2) Goto "File" --> "Page Setup"
    3) Click the "Layout" tab at the top & find the section for "Headers and Footers"
    4) Change the "From Edge" for the footer to "0.6" (The default is 0.5)
    5) Click the "Default" button at the lower left
    6) You will prompted that you are altering the "normal" template...click "YES"

Print test page with a footer to ensure this has fixed your problem... if it is still cutting off the bottom try setting the footer to 0.7, etc. By clicking the "Default" button this will not apply to all new documents created so you don't need to change it every time you create a new document (older documents may require alteration prior to printing however).

If you do not wish to alter the NORMAL TEMPLATE then simply follow steps 1-4 and click "OK" instead of "Default"...however, you will need to make the change manually every time you create a new document.

Like I said I am not a MAC person, so I cannot guarantee this will work for you, but it worked for me.

JC