HP ScanJet software

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by domzanghi, May 23, 2006.

1. domzanghi macrumors member

Does anyone happen to have HP ScanJet software for OSX? I have an HP ScanJet5300c. I purchased a new computer and can't install the OS9 software that came w/ the scanner. HP's website will let me order a CD from them (which I did a few years ago when I was forced to buy it w/ the OSX upgrade), but not download a driver/software. Their customer service (and products) is awful!
    I have Photoshop, but don't have the plugin for Twain acquire. Any ideas?
    Thanks!

2. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

You might try typing in ScanJet at www.versiontracker.com

There is a link to a 106MB Scanjet scanners v 8.4 download link

Might work, might not.

3. macsrockmysocks macrumors regular

What about a dell all-in-one?? It is about 4 years old(well maybe 5 now) how would I get it to work?

4. domzanghi thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't work. It doesn't recognize the scanner (despite it being powered and plugged directly into my Mac).
    Any other ideas? Thanks!

5. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

I have a 5370c which uses the same software. The problem appears to be that this is PPC code, not Intel and you can't use PPC drivers on an Intel Mac.

HP seem to have no interest is releasing Intel drivers so that's that.

6. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

What a rip. No more downloading. That's so cheap!

7. domzanghi thread starter macrumors member

Is there anyone with the software that wouldn't mind buring me a copy? I have the software on my new mac, but it doesn't recognize the scanner.

>Is there a file that I can copy from my old computer (iMac running OS 10.4.5) to make it compatible with the new one (G5 10.4.6)?

NO more HP products for me for a LOOOOOONG time. Their customer service is even worse than their hardware! I've been waiting to talk to a manager for 20 mins now...the last cust serv rep told me she wouldn't transfer me.

8. calebeaton macrumors newbie

photoshop plugin for twain scanner

Try www.silverfast.com. I use their plugin for my ancient ScanMaker E6. Checking them out right now for my new one.