HP to Offer HDTV Media Hub - without iPod Support

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by iPost, Jan 5, 2005.

1. iPost macrumors regular

Sep 28, 2003
    According to CNet (http://news.com.com/HP+unveils+plans+for+digital+home+invasion/2100-1041_3-5512562.html), Hewlett-Packard will introduce a new device this fall meant to record and play back television as well as organize digital media, including photos, music and video, the company said yesterday.

HP's new media hub will run Linux, offer high-definition television recording and an Ethernet connection to access media files such as photos, music and home video stored on a PC.

However, so far Apple has refused to license its FairPlay technology to HP, so any music that you bought from the Apple iTMS to play on your computer and HP iPod will NOT BE PLAYABLE on this device.

So much for a seamless solution.

I wonder if the rumored new headless iMac will actually be a digital hug that will compete with this.
  2. Beanburglar macrumors newbie

Jan 5, 2005
    Ipod trouble

When I plug my ipod into my G4, a dark tint comes down over the screen and a dialogue box tells me to restart my computer. Any idea why this is happening?
  3. matthutch macrumors regular

Jul 26, 2004
    Perth, Western Australia

the dark screen that you describe is called a kernal panic. As to why this is happening i am not sure. You could try having a look through your panic logs - in console - and try figuring it out.

What might be an even better solution is finding somone on here who is clued in on how to decifer panic logs and copy some of the log into a messageto them or email maybe.

Sorry i cant help more
  4. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

Dec 7, 2002
    Florida, USA
    Maybe you should search for your answer. If you don't find what you're looking for, start a new thread, instead of hijacking another.
  5. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Feb 14, 2004
    I don't know about any of this, but I suspect a digital hug wouldn't feel like the real thing. ;)