1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Htc flyer stylus on iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by yanke, May 6, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

Dose anybody knows if the htc flyer stylus would Work on iPad?

Just thinking ;-)

Thanks
    Yanke

2. macrumors 6502

They both use the same screen technology, i don't see why it woudln't work. But then @ 80 dollars a pop, there are a million better options out there that were designed to "work" with the ipad

3. macrumors newbie

HTC flyer stylus on Ipad?

I would also like like to know if the HTC flyer stylus would work on ipad. It looks to have a smaller and harder tip than the 5 different Ipad styluses I have. If anyone has tried it on an Ipad with writing and drawing apps and it works let us know.

4. macrumors 6502

Sixtafoua

I don't think it would work, though I haven't tried, the tip of the flyer's stylus is quite small, and probably wouldn't register. I believe the stylus has a special tip that somehow tracks it's movement, and then sends that data to the flyer via bluetooth. I could be wrong about this, but I think it works something like this. The iPad is Bluetooth enabled, but the iPad's software probably won't recognize a Bluetooth stylus. Again, I don't really know how the flyer's stylus works, I'm just guessing, but if it does work how I imagine it would, maybe a jailbreak will come out to allow Bluetooth styli to work? :rolleyes:

5. macrumors newbie

It doesn't. iPad, iPhone, iPod works with skin signals.