Htc one x vs gs3

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by vmachiel, Aug 11, 2012.

1. macrumors 65816

Which do you prefer?

I like the one x better because of the better screen (non-pentile/ just looks better), and sense 4 is actually pretty good. Don't like the plastic design look and feel of the gs3 either. Cameras are about the same.

Any thoughts on either of the devices?

2. macrumors 6502

SeanR1

Have a GS3 and love it. If I wanted no removable battery and no removable storage I would have kept my iPhone 4.

3. macrumors 68000

Calidude

I would go with the GS3.

The HTC One X sucks despite the nice casing because:

1) The screen has been buggy for a lot of people and they've returned many of them for that. The price for this phone has been dropping due to these screen issues people have.
    2) No expandable memory
    3) No removable battery

4. macrumors 6502a

I prefer sense 4.0 on the One X over touchwhiz, but overall the GS3 has more advantages such as removeable battery and expandable storage for starters.

5. thread starter macrumors 65816

The screen buggyness is supposed to be fixed with the recent update. I do agree with the removable storage, that is (for me) the only drawback to the one x.

6. macrumors 604

cynics

I prefer the Htc build and screen but everything else goes to the s3.

7. macrumors 604

Digital Skunk

I'd go with the GSIIi, its got the features, the looks, and Feels great in the hands.

8. macrumors 68020

Dontazemebro

One X hands down

- Sense more polished than touchwiz
    - Screen easily better, especially in sunlight
    - Build quality makes the GS3 look like toy
    - Better battery

The only advantage the GS3 has is expandable storage

9. macrumors 68010

One X now that they fixed the three dot bar problem.

Cheezewiz is atrocious and removable batteries are a thing of the past. I have never removed a battery from my phone ever so it doesn't matter at all. Micromanaging spare batteries is not fun.

10. thread starter macrumors 65816

Totally agree with the last two posts, it nice to see the one x gets some love:). I find it kinda sad for Htc that their phone isn't doing well against Samsung marketing machine.

11. macrumors regular

The nice thing about Android is if you don't like the Touchwiz or Sense browser you can always use a third party launcher like Nova or Apex to get a more stock feel. Otherwise if you're into it you can always unlock/root and flash ROMs :)

12. macrumors 6502

I don't have either but I know from playing around with both the One X has a nicer build quality and a better screen, but I can't have a phone with non-expandable storage. Plus, I'm switching to Verizon and the One X isn't even on Verizon.

13. macrumors 68000

As I posted in the other thread, if you have an S3 and prefer Sense 4.0, use Go Launcher and download the HTC One X theme. It's as close as you can get to Sense on a non HTC device. The One X definitely has a better screen than the Galaxy but the S3 has a better camera.

14. thread starter macrumors 65816

What i do like about Samsung and the s3 is the uniformity across the major carriers. I dont like custom phones:(

15. macrumors 6502

I just took my SG3 back...

Take it for what it's worth.

16. macrumors 6502a

From what I gather reading on different forums HTC phones usually get better reception than those from Samsung. I've never owned a Samsung so I don't know how true that is.

17. macrumors 6502a

Stuntman06

I'm a fan of HTC Sense. Had an HTC Desire Z before. Switched to an SGS3 as my carrier did not offer the One X. I'm disappointed in the SGS3 as I miss Sense.