Html G5

Discussion in 'Community' started by Chris Marks, Aug 15, 2003.

1. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

wow, that's pretty sweet! :D

I wonder if he wrote the code himself for that or found it some where. Nicely done, regardless.

D

2. Chris Marks thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

Wow, good job! That is pretty cool, I bet it could make a pretty nifty wallpaper, too! It reminds me...last year my roommate took most of the year to make a picture of a nude woman in MS Paint using nothing but random computer characters. At a distance, you couldn't tell, all you could see is the woman until you get up close and see all the random characters.

4. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Ah, great!

So what did you create if from - a jpg or gif image?

Converting the pixel to a letter and giving it the same color was a nice touch.

Also, what did you use to create it? And have you tried the same technique on any other images? Image sizes?

D

5. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Cool!

Did you use some software (I'm assuming you don't have that much spare time!)

[edit]: I see Mr A asked the same question seconds before me![/edit]

6. Chris Marks thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I used some software that I'm working on coding to create it. It converts jpegs, gifs, pngs, and bmps to html colored characters. For this one I used a jpg. I'll see if I can get one made using ASCII characters.

Here's one done of my nano reef aquarium using the text "NANOREEF" http://www.reefaquarist.com/ascii.html

7. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Wow very nice, when you finish the program be sure to make another thread on it, that application is gonna kick...

:D

Very nice work.

8. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Ah, very nice - but I see one of the issues I think you're dealing with....keeping the pixels square. What sort of configuration are you using in terms of font control to get the images close to the same pixel aspect ratios?

D

9. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

10. Chris Marks thread starter macrumors newbie

It depends on which character string you use. Using all caps, or numbers usually works out well. If I were to have used the string "powermac" instead of "G5" the image would look shorter and stretched out because lowercase letters are shorter.