html into .Mac HomePage

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by fjs08, Jan 16, 2005.

1. fjs08 macrumors 65816

Jun 25, 2003
    Does it matter how the HTML file is formed to get it into .Mac Home Page web building?? I've generated HTML's from my computer baseball games that I can just put into iDisk/Sites and they are useable. Actually I generated them from a Windows game played on VirtualPC. However, I used PowerPoint from Mac Office 2004 to generate an HTML file. I put that into iDisk/Sites and when I tried to use it I received a message that the "body tag" wasn't found??? I made a few files, some with photos, some with text only and I received the same result.

Any thoughts. Also, and I know this is probably premature, will Pages or Keynote allow me to do this???

2. Solafaa macrumors 6502a

Jul 15, 2004
    Daddy said not to talk to strangers
    I have no idea but i would like to know aswell since i am thinking of making an HTML site aswell.
  3. bubbamac macrumors 6502

Dec 24, 2003
  4. fjs08 thread starter macrumors 65816

Jun 25, 2003
    Thanks for the heads up on DotMac. I posted a note there too. we'll see what shake out.

5. jsalzer macrumors 6502a

Jan 18, 2004
    Some coding

You can absolutely use your .Mac account for html you've generated elsewhere. I have two sites up and running that don't use "homepage" at all. It's a simple drag and drop into your "iDisk/Sites" folder.

Unfortunately, there are problems with using programs to generate your html for you. Generally, they generate lots of extraneous code. Some also generate IE-specific code. It sounds like yours actually forgot a little code.

It's worth learning some basic HTML so you can find these problems from within the code yourself if you need to. In your example, it sounds like what is missing in the code is the "tag":

that tells the browser that this is where the code coding the body of the page begins and

that tells the browser that this is where the code coding the body of the page ends.

is a good place to get some free tutorials on basic html.

In the mean time, can you post a link to your ".html" document? Just drop it into your sites folder and give us the url as:

(unless you have it deeper inside a folder, in which case, you'd add those folder names between the username and the docname.

And we can take a peak at the source code for you.