HTML Source Viewer

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by andybuss, May 8, 2006.

1. andybuss macrumors newbie

Does anyone know of an app (or possibly Safari plug-in) that'll view well-formatted html source from webpages instead of the source being all crunched together like it is on some websites?

(If anyone's already asked this I apologize, but I couldn't find this out in the forums anywhere.)

Thanks

2. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

ctrl+click >>> View Source isn't good enough for you?

3. andybuss thread starter macrumors newbie

No, not necessarily. I'm more like looking for something that'll format all of the HTML code into a hierarchical or tree-like order like XML. Just the "view source" command in Safari will show me the code, but it won't format it nice and neat like I need to see it.

4. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Use TextWrangler with the BBTidy plug-in. That should tidy up even the most messy html... ;)

5. andybuss thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey, great! Thanks for the tips! That's exactly what I needed!

6. RacerX macrumors 65832

OmniWeb.

Not only does it let you view source code, it lets you reformat it, compact it, modify and redisplay the modified code with original graphics from the server and refetch the original source.

I've been using OmniWeb in my web design for years an can't imagine doing without it.

If you don't plan on using it as your daily browser, then you may want to use OmniWeb 4.5 instead (you can find it here). But OmniWeb 5.x.x is going to be more compatible with web pages than 4.5.

OmniWeb also comes with a JavaScript console.