http://www.8march2003.com/

Discussion in 'Community' started by cyks, Nov 8, 2002.

1. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

2. springscansing macrumors 6502a

springscansing

Whatever. A mouse clicked by itself? This requires invisible people/things. I donno about any kind of anything that can exert physical force and is totally invisible. Besides... if he sucked so hard, why didn't they just kill him instead of clicking his damn mouse? This is retarded.

3. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Morbid curiosity only will even possibly make me see what's posted on March03 - if this is as big as he claims, why would he have to advertise it now? Makes no sense, he's just trying to make some notoriety and money here, its too silly. Quite lame actually.

I particularly liked the black van part, ha! Maybe he's been upset since the X-Files is over and wanted to have his own episode.....

D:rolleyes:

4. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

this guy should write paranormal mystery novels...

5. Thirteenva macrumors 6502a

oohhhh, he must be using windows 95...;)

6. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

Maybe the film contains windows source code... Maybe he found out that on March 8, 2003, all windows computers will self-destruct... The people after him are microsoft goons, and when he searched for certain words online, his computer recognized them, and tried to phone home to say that their secret is out!!!

7. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

8. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Ha! more draaama! Weird that the site went down, I wonder if he's doing it himself?

A little sleuthing....

from networksolutions:

Registrant:
    Registration Private

Registered through: Go Daddy Software (http://www.godaddy.com)
    Domain Name: 8MARCH2003.COM

Domain servers in listed order:
    WSC1.JOMAX.NET
    WSC2.JOMAX.NET

from godaddy.com

Registrant:
    Registration Private
    Domains by Proxy, Inc.
    15111 N Hayden Rd., Suite 160
    PMB353
    Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
    United States
    Registered through: Go Daddy Software (http://www.godaddy.com)
    Domain Name: 8MARCH2003.COM
    Created on: 10-Oct-02
    Expires on: 10-Oct-03
    Last Updated on: 10-Oct-02
    Administrative Contact:
    Private, Registration 8MARCH2003.COM@domainsbyproxy.com
    Domains by Proxy, Inc.
    PMB353
    United States
    (480) 624-2599
    Technical Contact:
    Private, Registration 8MARCH2003.COM@domainsbyproxy.com
    Domains by Proxy, Inc.
    PMB353
    United States
    (480) 624-2599
    Domain servers in listed order:
    WSC1.JOMAX.NET
    WSC2.JOMAX.NET

http://www.domainsbyproxy.com/ doesn't have a thing, but its interesting on how this guy looked at all the options to keep himself covered.

Going and looking at non existent pages on godaddy and they don't display the same page not found info. And just to back it up I went and looked at another godaddy site and I got this:

'
    Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, support@supportwebsite.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Apache/1.3.22 Server at rightnow.godaddy.com Port 80'

So, what does it all mean?

I have no idea....;)

D

9. mmmdreg macrumors 65816

mmmdreg

read it now...the original work has been replaced by a message to you all...kind of ridiculous really...

10. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

11. BenderBot1138 macrumors 6502

sheesh... some deranged packaging about the appearance of a 10th planet... I mean really ... It reminds me of those tv documentaries featuring lower primates that rise up on their hind legs and look around nervously in every direction when one monkey makes an alert sound.

I'm sure that if a 10th planet was streaking into our Solar System, our Astronomers (who are highly educated people with very large hardware and tons of Apple Software) would know about it.

Sounds more like one of these "The Sky is Falling" Chicken Little types than someone we can trust. I have to believe that if it was someone we could trust, an article would pop up in an Academic Review Journal rather than on a website where lower primates can oo oo ah to all their friends.

12. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

Ah, so it was some Planet X BS.

Just so you all know the doomsayers hawking survival supplies have moved on from Y2K to saying a 10th Planet will alter Earth's gravity in 2003 :rolleyes:

13. The Sheck macrumors member

8March2003 Debunked

Dear readers,

This site was originally posted as a piece of writing with purposeful clues and discrepancies to indicate it's fictitious nature leading up to a pre publicity campaign to see how much interest it might generate. Quite honestly the overwhelming response and attention was not expected, or at least not so quickly. That was why the site was posted several months ahead with the intention of it slowly gathering momentum, leading up to the actual revealing date.

Most people have sent emails indicating that they enjoyed the site and looked forward to finding out about the potential release of a variety of things such as a new movie, computer game, SLR camera, novel, camera film and the list goes on.

There are some that have taken this site too seriously, and it has been brought to my attention that innocent people have been implicated as the creators of this site. I therefore feel it is appropriate to make this announcement. As many have pointed out, if the story was for real it would have been shut down by now.

If you still wish to follow this event, please enjoy it as a fictitious story leading up to what will be revealed on the above mentioned date. If there is enough interest, the original story may be re-posted as an optional link on this page within the next few weeks.

Kind Regards,
    HM
    HM@8march2003.com