-- Is it legit?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by bluesabotage, May 18, 2004.

1. bluesabotage macrumors newbie

Dec 15, 2003
    Bronx, NY
    I got an email about this, and it seemed too good to be true. I hopped on over to the site and started to think about which products I wanted to buy (Adobe Photoshop CS 8.0, Corel Painter 8, etc...). Than it finally hit me: it seemed like there was something funny about it. I tried to do research on whether or not it was legit, and, didn't find much. I was just wondering if anyone knew anything or could help?

2. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

May 19, 2002
    Hmmm... Spam from China.

Download software from China for 80% or more discounts off retail and you wonder if it's for real.

Maybe you should e-mail Adobe and see if these people are licensed sellers of their software.
    Domain Name:			BEST-OEM-SELLERS.BIZ
    Domain ID:			D6255614-BIZ
    Sponsoring Registrar:		DIRECT INFORMATION PVT. LTD., (D.B.A. DIRECTI.COM)
    Domain Status:			ok
    Registrant ID:			DI_294529
    Registrant Name:		Mika Lee Chung
    Registrant Organization: 	CN PROSPECTS UNDO LLC.
    Registrant Address1:		jhueng str, 3/4, apt. 489
    Registrant City:		Katoma
    Registrant Postal Code: 	dsk346qbx
    Registrant Country: 		China
    Registrant Country Code:	CN
  3. BrianKonarsMac macrumors 65816

Apr 28, 2004
    i've seen a legit place similar to this, all you got was the CD (no manuals, box, anything). Unfortunately they blatantly stated they DO NOT have Mac OS X software. Bummer.
  4. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

Feb 4, 2003
    New HAMpshire
    Yeah, if you go to adobe you can find out if they are legit...also, if you have to ask it is proabably a scam or pirated software. Don't do it.
  5. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

Feb 2, 2002
    So the pricing difference is packaging/documentation. How interesting. Well, we now know that a box and a manual decrease the cost of 3D Studio Max from $3,999 to $199. Makes perfect sense.

Scams are amusing.