http://www.groxis.com

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by artyak, Nov 5, 2002.

1. artyak macrumors newbie

This is a new software for organizing web search. It is 3D and intriguing looking.

It has a mac 10.2 beta version coming out soon. I could not try it yet.

I have been dying to findout about a web software technology that apple had out in 1996-98??? It had a 3D interface and was described as incredible by my machead professor. It had a name like fire.... something.

Anyone know anything about it. :)

2. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

sorry, i don't know anything about this Apple thing...

3. Beej macrumors 68020

Beej

4. DreaminDirector macrumors 6502a

DreaminDirector

tryout?

Has anyone tried 3DOSX in Jag-wire yet? I couldn't get the screenshots. What exactly is it? 3D finder? Because that would be sweet!

5. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

:eek:[GAWK!!] :eek: phoaaar!!! that looks awesome!! :D i'm definitely going to have a play with that!! :D:D

6. DreaminDirector macrumors 6502a

DreaminDirector

just downloaded...

I just downloaded it and it's freakin' cool! Bit slow on my G4 Dual 450 but I'm sure it'll scream on my TiBook. My question is why hasn't anyone else jumped on this idea. I think that processors are getting fast enough so that this may someday be a reality. All I can think of is that scene in Jurassic Park where that one girl was trying to find the load software for the door locking thingys. Cool. Hasn't something like this been around for years on like Unix or Linux (Pardon my ignorance, I dont know much about other operating systems....)?

7. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

3DOSX is cool, but its worthless as far as i can tell

8. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Its all eye candy and doesn't really add any functionality to your desktop. Now if you could change the folder icons to other 3d objects, that might be more entertaining. We'll most likely have to wait several years before there is processing power enough to have a true 3D environment that works well. Even now if you could have 3D objects/characters as folder/file icons that animated when you opened would be very slick.

D