Discussion in 'Mac Scene' started by MacBytes, Aug 30, 2004.

1. MacBytes macrumors bot

Jul 5, 2003
  2. Einherjar macrumors regular

Jan 6, 2003
    I'm actually kinda happy that wasn't in the headline on MB.

That's fantastic news, if true.

MDN needs to fix their formatting in Safari, though, it appears all wide.
  3. nagromme macrumors G5

May 2, 2002
    For the record, I submitted the story with a different headline, and even previewed it :) Maybe MacBytes meant to replace the MDN link with the InternetRetailer link that MDN references. They must have accidentally pasted the URL over the title instead of over the old URL.

Anyway, my headline was something like:

" is now the computer company site with most AND longest visits; tops Dell by 50%"

I seem to recall being on top in NUMBER of visits for a while, but someone else (HP?) had visitors stay the longest and browse. Now Apple is on top in both respects--surely a measure of increased interest in the platform.

Not bad to have a high average stay-length, with all the people checking the home page for 1 second during the iTunes million promo :D

(Oh--and the MDN wide problem is only because someone posted a huge wide link in the comments below the article: Apple vs. Dell and MS on NASDAQ.)
  4. stoid macrumors 601

Feb 17, 2002
    So long, and thanks for all the fish!
    Wowsers!! And with all this SP2 and Longhorn news, you'd think that MS would be winning....

I guess that it goes to show that if you have a great and easy to use site, you'll get lots of people coming to hang out!
  5. sjk macrumors 6502a

May 2, 2003
    The long link in Aryugaetu's post futzes-up the formatting in Safari, OmniWeb 5, Camino, and Firefox.